I’m into third set of monthly goals now, but how did I get on with my second bunch?
- Have two conversations in Welsh (with two different people)
- FAIL! I only managed one conversation (gyda Catrin) and I left that quite late in the month. I did take steps to try and find new people to converse with via the SSiW forum but one potential partner fell through last minute. Even though I only had one conversation it was a really good one! I need to work on answering questions and responding but the fact that I could understand what Catrin was saying 95% of the time gave me a massive confidence boost. We’ll hopefully arrange to do it more regularly from now on, I just need to find another person or two to do the same with.
- Complete the Sass Basics deep dive on Treehouse
- COMPLETE! I really enjoyed getting stuck into this. It’s very straightforward but extremely powerful when used properly. Now I need to practice using it in some of my own projects.
- Leave 31 blog comments
- COMPLETE? FAIL? Officially, it’s a fail as I only managed 30/31. However, I was quite proud of the fact that I managed to get to 30 considering I rarely ever leave any comments on blog posts. I’m not really sure if I’ve got much more out of it. My stats on my own blog haven’t really increased, but I have found a couple of interesting blogs to read now. Here’s the full list of comments I left.
- Do 8 yoga workouts
- FAIL! Again, it wasn’t a complete fail. I managed 7/8 but I was scuppered at the end of the month by my sinuses hitting me hard. It meant I couldn’t do my planned workout on 30th March and left me with two to do in one day, which would have been a bit pointless to me. I’m glad I managed 7 though, and I’ve enjoyed getting back into it. So much so that I’ve added 2 sessions a week into my calendar. Every Wednesday and Saturday have yoga penned in.
- Do 3 Parkruns
- COMPLETE! I managed all three runs and all in half decent times too (including my season’s best of 25:16 on my second one). I don’t always feel like getting up for Parkrun in the mornings but I’m always glad when I do them. My times have improved steadily since January so I’m hoping to aim for a new PB in the next month or two.
So, another mixed bag I’m afraid, but I’ve learnt a valuable lesson – don’t leave things to the last minute!